I kept asking. Do I really want to pull the motor? The real answer was no, but we did anyway. So here come the pictures. Engine bay = Nasty. Easy off oven spray to clean all the grease off that spilled from the catch can. That stuff really works, go buy stock now. We even gave the motor a nice cleaning.
I have had cooling issues with the motor from day 1, so we are tackling that as well. We are moving the radiator i front of the core support, giving ample room for man sized fans, plus picking up 4 inches of the radiator that were hidden under part of the subframe.
On top of that, we (and by we I mean Brian) made the headlight bracket removable for access to the radiator.
While he was busy doing the easy stuff, I got started on putting tin foil on shit. Yup. Tinfoil master flex right here.